- Secure a venue and reserve it starting 3 hours before the performance time. Ideal performance space is a minimum of 18 ft wide by 12 ft deep and is slightly elevated from audience. If you’re not sure if a space will suffice, check in with Tevyn.
- Determine the performance fee that your organization can contribute, choosing from the options listed at the bottom of this page.
- Determine whether or not you can provide accommodations for Tevyn and her technical assistant the night of the show.
- Promote Leaps and Bounds in any or all of the following ways:
- Print and post our flyers (may be downloaded here)
- Send out our pre-written press release to your local newsletter or news media
- Share invitations to attend this event with other local Christian communities
- Send information through email list-servs
- Put announcement in your church bulletin and in community calendars.
- Hand out postcards
- Use social media to get the word out (create facebook event, post, tweet, blog about the upcoming show)
- Secure 4 volunteers to help out the day of the show. Ask them to arrive an hour in advance of showtime.
- If the performance is using an on-site sound system, have someone familiar with that system ready to give an overview to Tevyn and her technical assistance 3 hours before the performance time. That person does not have to stay after they are oriented.
- Print up the playbill (may be downloaded here) with enough copies for your projected audience.
- Provide a separate space from the performance area where Tevyn can ready herself for the performance.
We have developed flexible payment options that cater to a variety of economic realities. If your organization is unable to meet us on this sliding scale, consider enlisting contributions from local organizations or individuals or recruiting co-sponsors for the event. When touring, Tevyn does not ask for reimbursement for travel costs or expenses. When she is making a special trip, travel costs will be negotiated on a case by case basis.
The payment options are as follows:
- Organizational Sponsorship – A sliding scale payment is made by the organization: $500 for small organizations, $850 for churches with over a 200 members, $1000- $1500 for large churches, colleges, and organizations with large membership. The sponsoring organization may elect to take up a freewill offering, or charge a “suggested donation” entrance fee. The proceeds could be designated for a local organization addressing environmental issues, or could cover production costs.
- Partial Organizational Sponsorship – The sponsoring organization pays a portion of the performance fee (at least 50% of the sliding scale) and the audience will be asked to provide a free will offering to cover the remainder of the fee. In this instance, Holy Fool Arts will keep the entirety of the collected offering.
Contact Tevyn with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org